The Technical University of Munich - TUM, Chair of Sustainable Urbanism, in collaboration with the National Technical University of Athens, School of Architecture, is organizing a public event with the title 'Athens' Futures', on Friday 6 May 2022, from 5pm onwards, at Kautantzoglou Hall - NTUA. The event is organized as part of a week-long student workshop with participation from five Schools of Architecture: Athens, Munich, Thessaloniki, Patras and Chania.
The event will be held in English and will consist of three parts:
17:00 // Workshop presentations
Presentation of the students' work produced during the week of the workshop on urban interventions in six parts of the city.
18:30 // Panel Discussion
Topic: Collaboration of academy, practice and administration for the futures of the city.
- Panel participants:
- Tilemachos Andrianopoulos // Ass. Prof. NTUA, Tense Architecture Network
- Elissavet Bargianni // Municipality of Athens, Department of Resilience and Sustainability.
- Panos Dragonas // Professor, Department of Architecture, University of Patras, Greece
- Panita Karamanea // Ass. Prof. TU Crete, Topio 7 Architects
- Mark Michaeli // Professor of Sustainable Urban Design, Technical University of Munich
- Alkmini Paka // Professor and Dean of the School of Architecture and Engineering, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece
- Panel moderation:
- Panagiotis Tournikiotis // Professor and Dean of the School of Architecture, NTUA
- Tasos Roidis // Architect and Research Associate, Chair of Sustainable Urban Design, Technical University of Munich
19:45 // Keynote Lecture
Josep Bohigas: Barcelona’s urban strategies: winning, losing and trying to reconquer.
- Josep Bohigas // general manager of the Urban Development Agency Barcelona Regional and of the Urban Ecology Agency of Barcelona.
21:00 // Opening of an exhibition with students' work produced in the workshop and video screening at the Rectorate Building of the NTUA.
The event is organised by the Technical University of Munich TUM and National Technical University of Athens NTUA. The event is part of the TUM research project Inner-Urban Landscapes of Athens and is supported by the Schwarz Foundation
Entrance will be allowed if observing all health measures currently in place in Athens.
The event will be broadcasted live by Diavlos (click here)